VT Marine utilizes the latest engineering and construction technology and automated equipment to develop build strategies and plans to build out our products efficiently and in modular form. This maximizes the shop capabilities and allows the company to support larger projects for both on and off site programs.
Shops and Equipment
With a full complement of structural steel processing shops to include robotic cutting, automated panel line seam welding and stiffener fit up and welding. Other steel forming includes plate breaking and rolling capabilities. Sub assemblies are manufactured with a focus on continuous flow of material to each subsequent work station. Our pipe shop has just been updated to include a pipe bending machine that is capable of forming 1.5” to 6” schedule 160 pipe to 1D to 5D bends. Additionally we have electrical and machine shops and indoor blasting and painting booths to round out a full range of services for our customers’ needs.
- Full service machine shop
- Tandem 40ft., 750t press brake
- Full service pipe shop
- 2 ½ plate roll automated wheelabrator with 12ft. roller bed
- CNC shape cutting robot
- Automated panel line with 300ft. conveyor system
- CNC plasma / oxy cutting plate
- 50ft. x 100ft. x 25ft. high indoor blast/paint facility burning tables
Cranes / Load Handling
We own and operate a full assortment of equipment to service our customer’s project needs. Two large dockside cranes with rails that cover the full length of our berths serve the rig market well as the height and radius / reach allows full coverage of most vessels. Two floating ringer cranes cover any requirement for lifting on outboard areas. Various yard gantry cranes, crawler cranes, and rubber tire cranes allow for any material handling needs. 600 ton transporters are utilized to move modules and subassemblies to the quay or to other work areas in the yard.
- Overhead shop bridge cranes from 5t. to 40t capacity
- (1) 125t and (1) 150t rail mounted gantry cranes
- 20t and 40t platen bridge cranes
- Two 193t Sany Cranes with 195’ main boom
- Two crawlers – 200t and 300t
- Two 150t barge mounted 4100 ringers